Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long-standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- “The entire crew for packing, transport and delivery were excellent. We appreciate all your support."
M.M., July 2015
- “Our Move Coordinator, Laura LaRue, truly went above and beyond on a devilishly complicated move! Thank you!"
B.M., August 2015
- “The entire team was professional and respectful. Our packing was done with great care and we are happy with our move."
A.B., July 2015
- “It was an extremely challenging location to get to and navigate, and the delivery team did an outstanding job--we so appreciated their professionalism and endurance!"
B.M., August 2015
- “Our driver and his crew really did a great job with my move. They helped with every request I had and were very thorough and efficient."
E.S., August 2015