Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- “The entire crew for packing, transport and delivery were excellent. We appreciate all your support."
M.M., July 2015
- “Our Move Coordinator, Laura LaRue, truly went above and beyond on a devilishly complicated move! Thank you!"
B.M., August 2015
- “The entire team was professional and respectful. Our packing was done with great care and we are happy with our move."
A.B., July 2015
- “It was an extremely challenging location to get to and navigate, and the delivery team did an outstanding job--we so appreciated their professionalism and endurance!"
B.M., August 2015
- “Our driver and his crew really did a great job with my move. They helped with every request I had and were very thorough and efficient."
E.S., August 2015